Child and Youth Mental Health
“Approximately one in five children and youth in Ontario has a mental health challenge. About 70% of mental health challenges have their onset in childhood or adolescence. That’s why early identification and intervention is so critical and can lead to improved achievement in school and better health outcomes in life.”
The CSCHN offers a range of programs and services focusing on prevention, awareness and treatment of mental health issues for children, teens and their families.
All our mental health counsellors are members of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario.
Our services are free and confidential.
- Our services are centred on the needs of the children, teens and families we serve.
- We believe in the resilience of children and young people as well as the importance of providing services based on the strengths of individuals and families.
- We respect diversity and understand the value of taking the cultural needs of each family into account.
- We encourage youngsters and their parents to have a say in how our services are delivered and evolve.
- Our services are based on evidence and tried-and-tested practices to ensure quality and measurable benefits.
Please contact us for further information.