Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Caring for My COPD is a completely FREE 10-week community program that offers:
- Group and individual COPD education
- Peer support
- Education sessions for family and caregivers
- Customized exercise programs supervised by health care professionals as well as group exercise
- Smoking cessation counselling and support
- Caregiver support
- Review and assessment of your COPD action plan to support your efforts to better manage your breathing difficulties
- Personal counselling and spiritual support
If you experience acute flare-ups of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, consider this community-based program to help you gain better control of your COPD while participating in activities you enjoy!
Who is it for? This program is for people affected by chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including those who have been hospitalized recently.
Eligibility: To sign up for the program, please ask your doctor to fill out the form below or call us at 905-714-9935.
Where: 1 Vanier Drive, Welland
The specialized care team for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) includes the following personnel:
- Respiratory therapist
- Smoking cessation specialist
In addition to this team, a vast support network is there to help you gain better control of your COPD.
Caring for My COPD Program
For more information, contact Patrick Martin at 905-734-1141 ext. 2113.