Foot Care Services
Our feet are superbly designed to perform one of the most important functions in the human body: carrying us to where we want to go.
Here are a few basic tips to keep your feet in tip-top shape:
- Examine your feet each day to check for dry skin, cracking, callouses, etc. Use good lighting when examining your feet, but if you are unable to see well, ask us for help.
- Moisturize daily with foot cream, but avoid putting any between your toes. (Ideally, apply after bathing.)
- Wear shoes and socks that are comfortable and the correct size. Change your socks every day.
- Exercise every day.
- Wash your feet every day. Always check the temperature of bath water with your wrist or elbow to avoid scalding your feet—especially if you have poor circulation. Dry your feet without rubbing, taking special care between and under the toes.
- Soaking your feet is good for relaxation, but never for more than ten minutes as that will dry out the skin,
- Have your feet regularly maintained by a professional.
Who is it for? This service is available to people with diabetes, seniors and vulnerable persons.
Eligibility: Clients must have a doctor’s prescription to receive this service.
Where: This service is offered at the CSCHN and at certain other community locations.
For more information or to make an appointment, please contact reception.